The Aegadian Islands are a natural paradise: each island is its own world waiting to be discovered, where you can experience blue seas and natural, cultural and artistic gems. Visiting the Aegadian islands is a must on your list of things to do in the west of Sicily. Here are a few ways to enjoy this experience.
- A dip in the blue sea at Cala Rossa, surrounded by amazing scenery
- Visit the Ex-Stabilimento Florio delle Tonnare di Favignana e Formica: a former “tonnara” (tuna fishery) and processing plant, now a museum focusing on the local tuna fishing industry and the Battle of the Aegates.
- A special privilege: practise yoga in the Aegadian Islands
- Be amazed by the Grotta del Genovese
- Immerse yourself in nature: don’t miss the chance to go trekking in the Aegadian Islands
- A boat tour of the Grotte di Marettimo
- Photograph the stunning Bue Marino cove nestled among the quarries and take a dip in its crystal-clear waters