The Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale undertakes to protect the privacy and confidentiality of the personal data it processes as part of the services provided to its customers, and we therefore inform you that the processing of your personal data will take place in compliance with the aforementioned legislation.
Finally, we inform you that the processing carried out by the Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale will be based on the principles of lawfulness, correctness, transparency, data minimisation, accuracy, integrity, confidentiality, purpose limitation and conservation.
1. Data Processed
1.1 Your personal data is collected at the time you use the Website, as well as during subsequent interactions between you and the Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale through the Website, both automatically and following the provision of thereof by you. The personal data we process is indicated below.
a) Personal Data: name and surname, city, nationality, gender, full address, email address and telephone number;
b) Data collected automatically while browsing the Website: IP address, browsing data, domain names of the computers that connect to the domain, URI addresses, date and time of access, geolocation data.
2. Purpose and legal basis of the processing
1. Your data will be processed by the Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale, without the need for your explicit consent pursuant to art. 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of the Regulations, to provide the services offered through the Website. In particular, your data will be processed:
a) to promote the tourist and cultural activities of Western Sicily and the territory;
b) to allow registration on this Website and/or access to specific services;
c) to respond to customer requests made by email to the address [email protected].
Furthermore, your data will be processed without the need for explicit consent pursuant to art. 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the Regulation, to fulfil legal, accounting and tax obligations in general
2. The data will also be processed by the Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale, without the need for explicit consent, in order to pursue our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the Regulations, to:
d) promote our services to users who have already used them, by sending information and commercial communications via email, pursuant to and within the limits permitted by art. 130, paragraph 4 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, as subsequently modified in particular by the Legislative Decree no. 101/2018, (“Privacy Code“). In any case, you will have the right to object to the processing at any time, easily and free of charge, by writing to the email address indicated in this Notice or by clicking on the appropriate link on each marketing email you will receive;
e) for the monitoring and prevention of fraud and unauthorised use of the service, within the limits set by the applicable legislation.
3. The data relating to marketing activities may be processed by the Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale, subject to your explicit, free and individual consent pursuant to art. 6, paragraph 1, letter a) of the Regulations, for the following purposes:
f) to keep you informed on the promotional initiatives of Western Sicily by subscribing to the Newsletter and to receive tourism promotion communications.
3. Data provision
3.1. We inform you that the communication of the data necessary to achieve the purposes indicated in point 2.1 is optional but any refusal to provide the data will not allow the requested services to be provided (in whole or in part).
3.2. The provision of data for marketing purposes is always optional and any refusal will have no consequence with respect to the use of the services by you.
4. Ownership of data processing and transmission
4.1. The data controller is the Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale.
4.2. Furthermore, the data you provide may be disclosed to the following categories of subjects, who will act as Data Processors: third party technical service providers, hosting providers, postal couriers, IT companies and communication agencies.
5. Transfer of data abroad
5.1. We inform you that the Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale may transfer your personal data outside the national territory as part of the pursuit of the purposes referred to in point 2, and on condition that the recipient is a company with its headquarters in one of the countries of the European Union or that has its headquarters in a country that is not part of the European Union provided that the requirements of art. 45 of the Regulation are met.
6. Processing methods
6.1. The processing of your data may also be carried out with automated, IT or telematic tools designed to store, manage and transmit the data for the time strictly necessary in order to achieve the purposes for which they were collected.
6.2. You will not be subjected to any decision based solely on automated processing that produces legal effects that affect you or that significantly affects your person.
7. Retention period
7.1. Your data will be kept for the time necessary for its use in accordance with the principle of minimisation pursuant to art. 5.1 lett. c) of the Regulations and in compliance with the provisions of the sector regulations. It should also be noted that the Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale may keep your data even after the termination of the services required for the fulfilment of any legal obligation connected to or deriving from it.
7.2. In the event that you have given your consent to register for our Newsletter, the processing will last until the revocation thereof.
8. Rights of the data subject
8.1. In full compliance with the provisions of articles 15, 16, 17, 18, 20 and 21 of the Regulations, Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale informs you that you have the right:
- at any time, to request access to personal data (art. 15) as well as the rectification (art. 16), cancellation thereof (art. 17) and limitation of processing (art. 18), or to object to their processing (art.21), highlighting the reasons justifying the objection, as well as potentially exercising the right to data portability in the case of automated processing based on the consent referred to in art. 6.1 letter a) of the Regulations (art. 20);
- to revoke the consent given at any time (art. 7) without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to the revocation;
- to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the Protection of Personal Data, pursuant to art. 77 of the Regulations, if you believe that the processing has taken place in violation of current legislation;
- to find out about the existence of an automated decision-making process, and significant information on the logic used, as well as the importance and expected consequences of such processing;
- to find out whether the information has been transferred to a third country and information on the existence of adequate guarantees pursuant to art. 45 of the Regulations.
8.2. If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest pursuant to art. 6.1 letter f) of the Regulations, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data provided that there are reasons connected to a particular situation of the interested party (art. 21).
If you intend to exercise your rights, you can send an email to [email protected]. The Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale undertakes to respond to your request as soon as possible, and in any case within the timeframes established by law.
9. Security measures
9.1 The Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale adopts physical and IT security measures appropriate to the processing methods adopted and the nature of the personal data. Access to personal data is limited to personnel and third parties who need to access it for appropriate and legitimate business purposes.
This information may be subject to changes by the Distretto Turistico Sicilia Occidentale at any time.
Last revision [22.03.2021]