The ancient fortified settlement of Erice is surrounded by huge city walls of Elymian and Phoenician origin and dominates the area, offering spectacular views.
Wander through its cobbled streets, churches and convents of timeless artistry and try the food and wine specialities.
5 things not to miss in Erice:
- Marvel at the grandeur of history at the Castello di Venere (Castle of Venus)
- Enjoy the scenery and tranquility of the Giardino del Balio
- Admire the facade of the Chiesa Madre (main church) and climb its bell tower
- Be moved by Antonello Gagini’s remarkable Annunciation in the Polo Museale A. Cordici
- Eat a mouthwatering genovese