See you at the museum!
In the west of Sicily, museums are an unmissable part of getting to know this area and its traditions in depth. The museums here are not simply dedicated to art, which is extremely rich here, but also to the system of cultural traditions that have made these places unique.
- Be entranced by the silhouette of the Dancing Satyr in the Museo del Satiro (former church of Sant’Egidio)
- Wander around the collections of the Museo Interdisciplinare Regionale A. Pepoli (link to points of interest tab)
- Explore the history of Erice at a glance at the Polo Museale A. Cordici: from the ancient archaeological finds from the Sanctuary of Venus and its necropolis to the Renaissance art of Antonello Gagini
- Discover “white gold” and all the stages of its production at the Museo della Civiltà del Sale (Museum of Salt) in Paceco
- Immerse yourself in the history of ancient crafts at the Museo della Civiltà Locale in Buseto Palizzolo
- Learn about the symbolic and artistic significance of bread at the Ecomuseo del Grano e del Pane in the Polo Museale in Salemi (former Jesuit College)
- Visit Valderice to explore its museums, including the Museo delle attività marinare (Museum of Seafaring), located in the tower of the Tonnara di Bonagia and get a glimpse into the past at the Molino Excelsior, home to the Museo dell’antica architettura industriale e degli antichi mestieri (Museum of Historical Industrial Architecture and Crafts)
- Immerse yourself in the traditions of the sea and fishing at the Museo del Mare di Marettimo
- Go on a discovery visit to the Museo del Santuario (Museum of the Sanctuary) in San Vito Lo Capo