The west of Sicily is full of fascinating natural areas, ideal for walks with the little ones, surrounded by Mediterranean flora and fauna in stunning nature reserves.
There are lots of habitats to discover with your children, so here’s our selection of 6 places where you can enjoy nature adventures with them.
- An excursion to the Bosco di Scorace (Scorace Forest), with a packed lunch in its picnic area (link to points of interest tab)
- See the salt mountains at the Saline di Trapani and Paceco
- An excursion to the Monte Cofano nature reserve to try and catch a glimpse of some fascinating birds
- Discover the wetland habitat of the Lake Preola and Gorghi Tondi nature reserve
- Feed the donkeys at the Museo Vivente Grotta Mangiapane
- Go for a gentle trek along the nature trails and coastline at the Zingaro nature reserve, where you can also participate in birdwatching activities